moss + aqua + chocolate

I'm going to hit you with another paper post. Sorry! (I know there's been a few lately.) But this one's important...because its my first baby-related invite...yay!

Reader and fellow nestie Courtney is due April 2nd and is having her shower on January 17th. (Congrats again, Courtney!!) When she got in touch about designing her shower invites, I was super psyched.


Her and hubby Jeff aren't finding out the sex, so Courtney wanted to stick with a neutral but still fun palette. She mentioned brown and cream as a starting point, and we ended up adding a moss green and soft aqua to the mix (after messing around with some tangerine too).



Courtney had sent me some inspiration pics of other invites she was drawn too and from them we decided that she was looking for something with a more modern vibe, some cute patterns or a cool border and a hint of a baby bird "theme". I thought nothing says contemporary pattern like the infamous trellis (I love it in home decor!), so I made my own...in a moss green to coordinate with the accompanying envelope.




A little chocolate brown polka dot birdie at the says "Hi!" instead of screaming "You are invited to a bird-themed baby shower!!!"




Thanks for this wonderful opportunity, Courtney!! Congratulations and have fun at your shower this weekend:)


*********

Speaking of babies and such a great color palette, check out these rooms:


{how awesome is that hand-painted vintage travel mural?...from oh dee do}


{loving those drapes....oh dee doh}


{gotta love text used in any room...oh dee doh}


{now that is a paint color!....oh dee doh}


{holy awesome blue dresser batman!...oh dee doh}


Comments

  1. The invite is adorable!
    And, the rooms are so cute!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous -- I love the trellis pattern.

    (And I don't mind the paper posts at all; in fact, they're some of my favorites!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the imperial trellis! Nice.

    Emily
    http://timelesspaper.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. those might be the most adorable rooms i have ever seen. i love the way the colors go together.
    really digging your blog.
    will definitely be following you!

    :)
    have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing. However, it's a little embarrassing that these kiddies have way more stylin' rooms than I do ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts