sea + sand + sky

P and I are heading out tomorrow for 2 weeks of vacation!!! The first week we will be down at my parents' beach house on Cape Cod (the whole family took next week off, so we have peeps coming in from NYC, ATL and Texas - cross your fingers that the weather here gets better fast. It has been raining and cold for a month). Then we are headed up to stay with our friends at a house they rented on Prince Edward Island. (We were there last summer too, it is an amazing place. Quiet, charming, beautiful scenery, right on the water...I've been fascinated with this little spot in Canada ever since reading and watching Anne of Green Gables. Then I found out that my grandmother owns 80 acres on PEI, which was a land grant way back from some king or something and has been in our family since. Imagine my surprise and excitement when our new friends told us they go up there for a week every summer and invited us to come along!)

So I won't be posting for awhile although I might try the whole save a draft and have it post while I'm gone thing to see if it works. Hopefully I'll get some great pics while we're away and have some new content when we get back:)

One of my favorite places to be is at the beach (any beach, I'm not picky). Thought I'd leave you with this nautical invitation set that I did a few years ago for a couple getting married on Cape Cod. Sharon and Jeff wanted their palette to reflect the beautiful natural colors that would be such an integral part of the surroundings on their big day - the colors of the sea, sky and sand. We used a soft, pale blue pocketfold to hold all the information for their guests who would be travelling for a weekend at the beach. A border of navy blue made the cream text paper pop and paired nicely with the light blue for a mostly monochromatic look. Natural raffia and khaki envelopes added that muted brown tone reminescent of sand and illustrations of five different shells in matching navy ink became the graphic focal point.






*********


Here are some spaces that also make me think of the sea and the sand and the sky.











{above images via Coastal Living}


And because I just love this space...here's Layla's guest room at The Lettered Cottage. The transformation in this room is amazing. She has created such a sophisticated yet relaxed, coastal-inspired but not themey space.











Well, I'll see you in a couple of weeks (hopefully I'll be tan by then)! Hope everyone has a great 4th of July!! Thanks as always for stopping by:)

Comments

  1. I just love the beach cottage look. All I need is a beach cottage and I'd go crazy. :) Someday, right?

    Have a safe & fun trip! I'll miss ya! Can't wait to hear all about it! Lucky you!

    Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like going in to my house and painting everything white and aqua. Love the invites!
    I assume Costal Living is a mag., am going to get a subscription if so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have so much fun!! Take loads of pictures, okay? I want to live vicariously through you for this trip. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely loving the color palette :) & loving the theme too! What incredible invites! Love the pocketfolds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dreams is to go to PEI. I hope you have just a wonderful time!! Can't wait to hear about the trip when you get back. Loved the photos you showed today! Gosh, so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts