A Ray of Sunshine

Happy Labor Day!!!

Phew! Sorry, guys! The last couple of weeks have been rough ones (haven't done much but work, work, work and occasionally sleep for a couple of hours), I apologize for the lack of posts and responses from me.

Wow though! Behind the scenes here this week has been a big one....I made my 50th post and I passed 100 followers:) Awesome!!! I didn't imagine that I would meet so many great people in such a short time. Thank you all for your support, for your super nice comments that I look forward to reading each day, for your inspiration and encouragement, for your friendship.
(I think maybe I should have my first giveaway soon!!!)





And another wonderful thing happened recently...the lovely Courtney over at Project Pretty (and Wedded Whims) has told me I'm fabulous. Yay! Thank you so much! Seriously, you are all too much...everyday around blogland I'm surprised and overwhelmed by all the good vibes floating around.


As a recipient of this esteemed award, I'm to list 5 things I'm currently obsessed with, as well as give this award to 5 others.

But first, since I think Courtney is simply fab too, here's a couple of her projects that I love:






Now, on to 5 things I'm currently "obsessed" with:


Sci-Fi/Fantasy Series and my Borders Rewards card: I love to read. And I'll read anything. But I really love to read science-fiction fantasy books. And I buy books a lot. I've come to really appreciate my Borders Rewards card, I get about an email a week with some sort of discount. The thing I love about a series is that I know I always have another great book waiting for me. So when I'm done one and need to go get the next one, I tend to wait until I get my coupon in the mail and hopefully save a few bucks. Then there's always the chance that the Borders near me will be out of the next book. So I've been known to go to a few Borders in one day with my coupon until I find the right one!

Right now I'm reading a new series by Robin Hobb called
the Farseer Trilogy, I'm diggin' it. I'm also looking forward to the release of "The Gathering Storm" in November, the next book of The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan (and the book he was writing when he passed away). Just got an email from Borders (see, I'm special!) letting me know that "An Echo in Bone", Diana Galbadon's seventh volume in the awesome Outlander series, is due out September 22nd. Yes!! I can't wait to see "New Moon" and hope it is better than the Twilight movie was:) I was really disappointed with the film version "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince", I hope they don't mess up the last two.

Ironing: Both P and I are slightly obsessed with ironing. I think its one of the reasons I married him. We have the ironing board permanently set up in one of the bedrooms we aren't using. I don't go anywhere without ironing my clothes...jeans too. I mean, I know you get wrinkled as the day goes on, but there's something refreshing about knowing you started the day out nice and ironed:) Its the thought that counts, after all.

Design Star:
I hate Sunday nights. Usually I have trouble falling asleep because I'm thinking about going back to work and how the weekend went by so fast. But at least in the summers there's something to make Sunday nights a little more bearable and in fact, pretty exciting...Design Star! I like that they switched up the judges this year, I think it makes sense to have 2 more HGTV hosts...and I really love Candice and Genevieve. I won't say anything about last night in case people haven't seen it, but after last week's backyard adventure, I think Antonio and Lonni are my favorites.

HGTV: Ok, well let's just face it. I'm pretty much obsessed with HGTV in general. I don't get to just sit down and watch it all that much, but when I do, its a treat. I've found it helps to TIVO a bunch of the shows and then I can watch them whenever I want. If I ever do have a few spare minutes, flipping to HGTV to see what is on is one of the first things I do. Some of my favorites: Designed to Sell, Divine Design, Find Your Style, Pure Design, Rate My Space, Dear Genevieve, Get it Sold, Property Virgins, My First Place, Deserving Design, Color Splash, Real Estate Intervention, My House is Worth What?, Bang for Your Buck, The Stagers, and I'm sure a few more that I'm forgetting:)

Starbucks: Ahhh.....another indulgence of mine! Another thing I "treat" myself too. I never drink just their plain coffee, but I love their specialty drinks...especially any flavored lattes. My staple there is a non-fat vanilla latte (hot or iced depending on the weather), but when the holidays come around I'm a sucker for the seasonal ones. I'm still stuck on summer, but I will admit that yesterday I got a "Pumpkin Spice" Latte and boy did it make my day! Starbucks is like that...somehow if you're having a rough time, something simple like one of their lattes can suddenly make everything ok.

And here's 5 blogs and ladies who I think are fabulous (well, I think you are all fab, but...). Thanks for your humor, your craftiness, sharing your inspiring stories with us, thanks for the overtime hours you always put in making blogland better for all of us. Hats off to all of you!!!


Miss(ing) Shakespeare (Tina)

Peanut Petunia (Susan)

Ella Minnow Pea (Rebecca)

The DIY Show Off (Roeshel)

House of Turquoise (Erin)


******

Now, I'd love to hear a little more about all you readers. What are you obsessed with? Anyone else out there like sci-fi/fantasy? What's your fave Starbucks drink? HGTV show? or do you like TLC more? Spill the beans!

Comments

  1. Congrats on your award!

    I am obsessed with reading, but for me it is anything but sci-fi. Although I did just finish a few that I had to review that were good. It doesn't really matter what it is, I just go though books like a woman on a mission. I try to review them as well.

    Right there with ya on HGTV.

    I am also really into painting. I have pretty much taken over our guest room as my studio with three easels and paints strewn everywhere. Maybe I will finish something soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm truly honored that you put House of Turquoise on your fabulous list!! You totally made my day with that! Thank you! :)

    I'm in love with the Borders Rewards card too...the coupons are great! And Pumpkin Spiced Lattes??? Sooooo yummy. It's actually the only thing I drink at Starbucks! (I'm a diet coke kind of girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the milestones!! Thanks so much for your sweet words. You totally deserved the award!

    You definitely just gave me a starbucks craving! Although, I had a caramel macchiato at Saxby's Coffee the other day that was out of this world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the Pumpkin Spice Latte is fabulous! I love the Peppermint Mocha at Christmas. I am also obsessed with diet coke - large tubs of fountain DC. I guess you could say I'm obsessed with liquid! It could be worse, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the award Paz!!! You deserve it, I love followers so please come follow me if you haven't done so already. My obsessions:

    1. HGTV
    2. Blogging
    3. My baby girl and DH
    4. My house
    5. Shopping

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your award! YOU DESERVE IT! I think your fabulous too! I love coming over here to see what you're up to. Always something fun & inspiring!

    And aw!!! Thanks so much for passing it to me. It means so much to me to be included and to just think - someone thinks my blog is fabulous. ::BIG blog hug:: Thank you. :)

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erin and Roeshel - Hi! So glad you stopped by and saw your awards!! You definitely deserve it!!

    Thank goodness there are some fellow Starbucks lovers out there:)Kiki - I had forgotten about the Peppermint Mocha...yum! Usually I go for the Gingerbread Latte at the holidays.

    Yay Gwen and Karen for feeling the HGTV love!!!

    Keep it coming, this is fun! Thanks guys for all your comments:)

    I see we have some Diet Coke fans!!! Nice. My favorite soda is actually Root Beer, but I try to be good by ordering Diet Coke when we're out to dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah!
    thank you so much for thinking of me when you were choosing your blogs! I am tickled pink and so giddy! It means a lot to know that i have inspired just one person on a daily basis! I look forward to seeing more of your fabulous projects!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts