bluebell + daisy

My first stationery project since we had Maura was this set of double-sided Save the Date cards for Rachel and Jason, who are getting married this summer at a winery in Illinois. When we spoke on the phone for our consultation, Rachel told me about the french country, vintage feel she wanted for their wedding.


{the front}

{the back}

Her color palette of blue and yellow already worked perfectly for this. In addition, nothing says french country to me like a mix of patterns, so we used a floral on the front of the card and a stripe on the back.

To get the vintage vibe they wanted, I used a combination of fun fonts and decorative ornaments inspired by old french soap and perfume labels. The border (used on both sides of the card) reminds me of a vintage stamp, and the two graphic frames (outlined in yellow) that contain the important text also help add to the throw-back feel.


Thanks for making my transition back to work after the baby so easy and fun, Rachel!

PS. Blue and yellow is such a beautiful, versatile palette. Click here to see some other wedding invitation sets I've done in this color combo.

Comments

  1. Love blue and yellow, so fresh and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! A post about your work...these are gorgeous and clever! Nice job Sarah!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! You're so talented Sarah, glad that you're back in the saddle. :)

    Btw, do you do baby announcements?!?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts