An Afternoon at the Vintage Bazaar

Two weekends ago I took a drive up to the North Shore (I'm on the South) to check out the Vintage Bazaar. It takes place twice a year (one weekend in June and one in September) on a flower farm in Salisbury, Ma. Its like an antique show, flea market, craft show, festival all rolled into one with vendors, live music, food, kids' activities. This was my first year going, just found out about it on someone's blog a couple of weeks ago. I was owed some "me time" by Paul and the kids, so this is what I chose to do:) Super fun!





And guess what? I met a famous person there! Like literally shook hands with them and introduced myself and had a down-to-earth chat. Recognize this lady from the HGTV show "Cash and Cari"?!


I knew it was her (Cari Cucksey) right away!! She had her own booth there selling cool finds and then was the special guest of the weekend with a scheduled meet and greet time. I was in her booth buying some old flash cards (see below) when she came in and I was like one of those star-struck dorks although I tried to play it cool. She was so so nice, talked with me right there and showed me her new paint line (sort of but nothing like chalk or milk paint) and everything! Thanks, Cari! Check out her website here.


I got a couple of small things that I'll show you, but I was really tempted to buy this spindle bed for when Ian is out of his crib. I got nervous though and didn't have anyone to help me carry it, or really any room in the car, etc. so I walked away:(


Here's the vintage flashcards I got in Cari's booth (I bought 4). I'll probably hang them in the playroom.


I have a hard time resisting any old ephemera or botanical/nature prints I see, so I bought 4 of these really cool owl illustrations from a book "Birds of the Forest" by J.F. Lansdowne. (Love that guy on the left!)


I also came home with this hand-made pillow in a lovely blue (with bits of coral) floral crewel fabric. Love it!


What did you guys do this weekend? Get any great finds?

Comments

  1. Hi Sarah! My email is all messed up and I've been unable to [easily] respond to your comments regarding our kitchen. First of all, thank you so much for your sweet comments. I'm so glad you had a chance to see it "before" in order to appreciate how much has changed "after"! I'm still pinching myself :) And regarding your question in incorporating all the brass...That was easy because our house already has so many brass elements that are original to the home (door knobs, hardware, etc). What made it a no brainer was that brass happens to be trending right now. Anyway, hope you are doing well, would love to get together again! Maybe we can get Casey involved and set a date for Brimfield or the Vintage Bazar 2015??? How cool are you to have met Cari Cuskey???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I lived closer! Looks like a fun time and good for you for getting your Sarah time in! And Cari! How fun is that? I enjoyed her show when it was on but I feel like I haven't seen it recently but then again I don't watch a ton of TV. Love the pillow you picked up and I have a soft spot for flash cards. Takes me back to grade school and my math nerdiness :) I have an item for you to keep an eye out for....apparently one of my ancestors owned a pretzel factory so if you ever see a Schlotterbeck pretzel tin please let me know and pick it up and I'll pay you for it. Anyway so glad I checked in and saw your post - hope all is well up in MA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent post and very informative as well. Your knowledge appears very well on this topic and the way you have explained it, any new person can understand it easily. I would like you to keep writing like this and share your information with us. cotton duvet sets king size , cotton razai price

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts