Old School Paper Chains

Maura's nursery got a super quick and easy update this week...old school paper chains hanging from the ceiling!


For Maura's first birthday party (pics of that hopefully coming soon), my sister (in from London for a few weeks) and I made a bunch of paper chain garlands to use as decor.

{scrapbook paper from Michaels cut into strips 1"wide by 10" long}

{my not-normally-crafty sister (she's in finance, people! if she can do this, you can do it!) using a mini stapler to attach the paper rings together, in totally random color/pattern order}

They looked so cool that I couldn't let them go to waste after the party. It took 5 minutes to hang them from the high sloped ceilings in the nursery (using clear push pins) and they add such a fun, whimsical element to the room!


For $13 and not a lot of time, I think they pack a big punch. Plus I like that they're a nice personal keepsake for the baby...made with love by her mama and auntie for her very first birthday.


{do not try this at home, or maybe you already have - standing on top of the dresser to get better blog pics!}


I think she likes them:)


Linking up to the DIY Project Parade over at the DIY Show Off (this was so easy it shouldn't even count as DIY!) and the Creative Bloggers' Party and Hop at Homemaker on a Dime.

The DIY Show Off



Comments

  1. The chains look great, and such a special, sentimental item for your daughter (who is an absolute doll, by the way)! I think that they are a craft even I could attempt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to meet you, too :) Thanks for joining us at Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! They look so pretty!

    I also use paper chains to make a "calendar" with Grace. So when we have to count down to something, for example if her father is on a work trip. We make as many chains as there are days, hang it in her room, and then each night before she goes to sleep she rips off one of the days so she knows how long until he comes home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look so adorable! I love how festive they make the space. And the first thing I thought when I saw those images was "where is she standing to get that shot!?" Oh the things we do :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the chains!!! What a great idea! I think my 2- and 4-year-old have a project to do with Mommy for their new room. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My comment didn't stick for some reason yesterday, but these chains are so cute, pretty, and easy! I have a few of these scrapbook papers framed up on my daughter's room as well. Maura's room is so pretty! I love the paint color and those curtains are beautiful. I'm going to have to go back and read about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all, that picture of Maura is adorable. It just cracks me up. Secondly, what an awesome idea the chains are! Way to reuse party decor!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, guys!!!

    Lol...this pic of Maura looks totally weird, but I had to put it in! I'm laying on the floor shooting up at her with the chains in the background, so of course she looks all exaggerated, kinda tubby and like a boy:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cute Sarah! and yes we've all climbed on something we shouldn't have for that great blog shot ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is sooo cute and such a great idea. Maura looks adorabley sweet <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts