The Next Mood Board Monday: Etsy Artwork

Hello! So sorry it has taken me two months into 2012 to get the next Mood Board Monday party going! I've been wanting to do this particular one for a long time, but just couldn't get my act together until now. Ladies and ladies (seriously, are there any gents that read this?), I bring you Mood Board Monday: Etsy Artwork!!! (Let's do the actual linky party on Monday, March 12th. Ok?!)

Art is such a great jumping off point for a room. And where better to find tons of beautiful original art than etsy? I wanted to give you different types of media to choose from...so here's three amazing works by three really talented artists...a photograph, a painting and an illustration. Choose one of these as your inspiration and design a room around it:)

Remember, Mood Board Monday is all about seeing how different people are inspired differently by the same things. There's no budget, no real client (unless you want to really challenge yourself), no limits.

1. "Romance of Fall" by photographer Carl Christensen


{Carl lives in southeastern PA right near where I grew up. His stunning fine art photographs of the surrounding areas remind me so much of home. Check out his Bucks County Collection for some charming, beautiful scenes. Here's Carl's website, Integrity Studio,and blog.}


2. "Live Colorfully" by Him & Her Abstract Art


{You guys most definitely know this husband and wife team already..."Her" is the lovely and talented Camila of the blog "Effortless Style". Camila is known for her brilliant use of color and pattern and for writing the always fascinating and inspiring series "In Her Shoes". Apparently her hubster has his own talent, he's the artist behind this beauty.}


3. Bird Art Community Tree by Cori Dantini/etsy seller corid

{Cori is the perfect example of an etsy success story. She started out selling her art at craft shows, opened up an etsy shop about 4 years ago, and is now a more-than-full-time artist who just started licensing her work...while her husband stays home with her son! Here's her blog: Cori Dantini makes}


Completely awesome, right???!!! For anyone unfamiliar with the concept of the Mood Board Monday McLinky party, here's the general idea (we would love to see some new faces and hopefully lots of you back from previous parties):

1. This is a fun way to share all of the creativity out there and showcase how we can all start from one inspiration point and end up with a variety of ideas.
2. To be a participant, you need to create a complete mood board for any room using one of the three pieces of etsy art shown here.
3. On Mood Board Monday party day (Monday, March 12th in this case), come back here to link up to the party. You will need to include your sources in your post and give a brief description of the room and how you used the inspiration art.

Thanks so much! Can't wait to see what you guys do with these. Hope you are as excited about this as I am...it might be the first MBM party where I have actual trouble deciding which inspiration to go with - the choices are just too good:)

Ps. If anyone has any ideas for future Mood Board Monday party categories, just let me know!

Pps. Check out our previous Mood Board Monday Linky parties here: MBM01, MBM02, MBM03, MBM04, MBM05, MBM06, MBM07, MBM08, MBM09, MBM10 and MBM11.

Comments

  1. I am so excited this is back! :) All three of these pieces are gorgeous ... it's going to be a tough choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Etsy is such a great place to find inspiration! I know the piece I would choose, now to see if I have time to complete this challenge! Life gets so busy. BTW, my college roommate was from Doylestown. Bucks County is such a beautiful area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very excited this is back - I have been waiting since the New Year! I love designing a room around art so this should be fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippee! What a great theme Sarah. Some lovely inspiration pieces, so hard to decide. Thankfully there is time, looking forward to 3/12/12 and another MBM!
    Cathy
    PS just caught up on The Bachelor while working on a project this afternoon, oh boy....!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm SO excited about this! And hooray for a Doylestown artist - i think I might actually have him in my favorites somewhere. Thanks for bringing us another fun challenge Sarah - I had a few ideas a while ago for a MBM so if I think of them I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! I'm visiting over from Honey & Fitz and I'm so glad I found you! I'm guessing you grew up in Bucks County or nearby, which is funny bc I grew up outside of Boston and now live in Bucks County (right near Doylestown) :)
    Thanks for introducing me to Carl's work- it's amazing and I think our readers will love it as well!

    Monica (and Jess)
    www.realhousewivesofbuckscounty.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know if I will get to the challenge- I will try but I just wanted to thank you for featuring these artists. I can't wait to check out their blogs and read more about their success stories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three very different pieces of artwork. Let's hope I can get my act together for this one. Great idea, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts