Super Easy DIY Cardstock Bunting

Hi! Just popping in quick to show you guys this super easy bunting I made out of plain, solid card stock for Ian's Christening party. Uhm, yes, it was back in November when he was 5 months...but the point is that you can make this for any occasion in any colors or patterns:) And you get a big bang for not a lot of buck! (Really what happened was that I left it up for our Christmas party because it was so versatile and then didn't get around to taking it down until just the other day and thought "Hmmm...maybe I should throw this up on the internet!")

I love metallics, so I opted for a lot of gold and silver mixed with whites (and green in the fresh flowers) for the party after his baptism. I've always been a fan of using paper to decorate with and I wanted to do something easy, cheap and simple using stuff I already had lying around. First I collected all the 8.5 x 11" metallic cardstock I had - in gold, silver, champagne and a sparkly white. The only thing I bought was a big spool of white yarn from Michaels (from the like knitting section) to hang the cardstock "flags" from. I wanted the least amount of work as possible, so I chose to do rectangular shaped flags that were exactly half the size of one piece of cardstock. So I only had to cut each 8/5 x 11" piece of paper once (directly down the center vertically) to get 2 flags. Then I simply folded them in half, ran the white yarn in between along the fold and dabbed some hot glue inside to hold it in place.

I could have alternated colors or created a pattern with the different tones of metallic paper, but I chose to do each bunting out of just one single color. Then I alternated those along the ceiling of our dining room (swagged in the middle near the chandelier) to sort of create stripes. It looked festive with the rest of the decor, like white and green flowers in mercury glass containers and lots of votives/hurricanes with white candles. (Excuse these horrible pics, it was dark and at the end of the party.)


You could do this easily for Easter with pastel colors or pretty stripes and floral scrapbook paper.  Garland and bunting and banners are so in now...but they don't always have to be super complicated or have words on them or involve lots of cutting:) Sometimes less is more... and then in this case...more - or lots of multiples of the same thing repeated over and over again - is more!

Have a great Easter weekend everyone!!!

Comments

Popular Posts