Wow! I'm so honored...Rebecca of Ella Minnow Pea gave me the Kreativ Blogger award! How flattering. Rebecca is one of the many reasons I'm glad I started blogging, because I get to meet truly awesome and inspiring new people, like her.
Rebecca is the brains and brawn behind the custom design studio The Pink Orange. So, she's like my hero...and a peer that I can chat all things wedding and paper with. And she has a great sense of style when it comes to decor too. Too bad we don't live closer:( Check out these beautiful custom wedding invitation suites from her shop:
Thanks so much, Rebecca! It means a lot to me that someone like you, who I admire so much, would think I deserve an award.
Here's the rules, if you want to play along:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award. 2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog. 3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award. 4. Name 7 things about yourself that people may not know. 5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers. 6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate. 7. Leave a comment on each.
I am really not that interesting, but in case you were wondering:
1. I love to travel! So far I've been on 4 out of the 7 continents. And really, Antarctica doesn't count. That leaves Australia and Africa (I soooo want to get to both of these someday). I've been to Hawaii, Canada, Ecuador, the Galapagos Islands, the Bahamas, Ireland, England, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Italy, Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Thailand. High up on my to-do list (besides Australia and Africa) are Scotland and Alaska.
2. I went to a private Catholic school from 1st to 6th grade (I didn't mind the uniforms at all). My mom took me out after that and put me in public schools because they had a better art program. I went to Syracuse University for college and got a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Illustration.
3. I'm the oldest of 3. My sister is 29 (I'm 32...yikes) and my little brother is 25.
4. I love being an aunt. It is the best feeling in the world when little kids look up to you and ask when you are coming over to play and hug you good-bye and say they love you! (P's sister has 3 kids - they are the best!)
5. I spend a lot of time commuting...I drive to the train station, have an hour long ride on the commuter rail into Boston, and then walk across town to my office. It takes 1 hour and 40 minutes for me to get to work each way door-to-door. That's 3 hours and 20 minutes a day, 16 hours and 40 minutes a week. Doh!
6. I love to bowl (big balls only), play ping pong, go sailing, snowboarding, play golf, volleyball, soccer.
7. I would go on Survivor in a heartbeat, except that I really don't have reality tv hair:(
Now, on to the torch passing...I'd like to give the Kreativ Blogger award to these 7 fine ladies: 1. Janell of Isabella and Max Designs - a fabulous eye, so successful and so down-to-earth 2. Pk at Room Remix- I love that Pk thinks outside the box. And she's always challenging you, and nurturing you, all for a better blogland. 3.Miss Mustard Seed - the genius behind the decorative painting and home decor Mustard Seed Creations (I love all her before and after furniture transformations.) 4. Kim at Starshine Chic - I was totally impressed with all her halloween decor, really creative ideas for not alot of money. 5.Get your Martha On - she's funny and crafty...and she's only been blogging since September! 6.Maddy ofThe Inspired Bride - this is one of the new daily reads on my wedding blogroll...I love Maddy's fresh take on color cards and inspiration boards. 7. The Life of a Future Domestic Goddess - Let's hear it for D&R nesties! She's on a roll with furniture make-overs.
Go check out these killer kreativ blogs! And thanks for the love, Rebecca!
Hi and welcome! I'm Sarah. My husband Paul and I live in a suburb of Boston, less than a mile from the ocean. Stay-at-home Mom of a toddler and an infant, follow along as I figure out how to handle 2 kids! Hang out as we renovate and decorate. Thanks for coming:) Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org