My New Pillow

Remember these grey plaid pillows I spied and wanted while shopping at Target a few months ago? (If not, read this!) I thought they would look great as fall and winter pillows in my family room. They were $19.99 back at the beginning of September.




Guess what? I'm the proud owner of one now...and I scored if for half price, only $9.99:)



I ran into Target one night after work a few weeks ago for some toiletries, and took a quick stroll down the seasonal accessory aisle. To my surprise and good fortune, they were clearing out all the "fall" stuff to get ready for the holiday stuff. They had 4 of these pillows left and they were reduced down to $9.99. I figured it was fate. But to be good, I bought only 1 instead of 2.



This weekend we started putting up the Christmas decor (I wouldn't normally do it this early but we aren't going to have much time once we get back from Thanksgiving and our party is the following weekend). I took down the brown and orange fall pillows, and now the new plaid pillow is sitting on the sofa in the family room...right where I envisioned it.



I love it next to the black pin-striped wool lumbar pillow I snagged a few years back at Crate and Barrel. These two don't scream holidays, but their texture, color, pattern and fabric say cozy winter to me.




********************

Speaking of the holidays and throw pillows...just a reminder that the next Mood Board Monday is 2 weeks from today on Monday, December 7th.

Design a room decorated for the holidays with 1 (or more) of these 4 inspirational throw pillows as your starting point.


{PEACE Holiday Hemp Pillow from NestaHome's etsy shop}




{Tidings Pillow from Crate and Barrel}


{Present Pillow by Olive's etsy shop}


For my original post with all the rules, click here. Hope to see you December 7th for the Mood Board Monday McLinky party!!


********************

If you want to make a mood board and maybe win something (the above is just for fun and to see what we all come up with), check out this mood board contest that Susan of Love Where You Live is hosting. She's pairing up with The Green Plum, a home furnishings boutique, to reward the top 3 designs with fabulous prizes. Head on over to see the 4 beautiful one-of-a-kind pieces that you get to choose from to kick-off your room. Deadline is December 5th. Good luck!!!

Comments

  1. I have those same pillows! I bought two for my guest bedroom. I have to say though - I got a better deal! Mine were only $5.24 each! :)

    They're great though, very soft and warm! Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of those pillows...pinstripe & plaid = perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pillow adds just the right amount of muted color and pattern on your sofa. Love that you just bought one, it looks perfect!!
    Janell

    ReplyDelete
  4. MAJOR SCORE!! Man if I thought those pillows would go well in my house somewhere, I'd rush out to see if my Target had them. They are great in your Living room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah,

    You can't beat Target, that's for sure! I always go crazy when I walk into one of their store. And "wow" to you holiday pillows. Now those are gonna be a Great score for someone!! Love the snowman. Thank you for posting the info about my mood board contest! I appreciate it and would like to send you a little something at the end of it. Be sure to send me an email with your address and etc, OK? I do hope you have time to play!!! You have great style! best, -susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Target pillow looks like it was made for your sofa; I love it with the C&B b&w one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO JEALOUS!! You know I TOTALLY went to target this weekend and those were not on sale at my Target. Bummer. But ghood news - I scored a tree for $20! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts