The Nursery: Progress Part IV

Hey! Back again with Part IV of progress in the nursery! To catch up: here's the dresser wall (part I), the the crib wall (part II) and the back window wall (part III). (If you've been following along, thank you so much for all the wonderful, positive comments. They make my day!) Oh and here's the floor plan again, just for consistency and a starting point:



I just had the last wall, the one on the left to do something with. This is where I decided to use the two white
Ribba picture ledges I got at IKEA a few months ago. Back then I wasn't really sure where I was going to use them, so I bought the short ones (21 5/8") for $9.99 each. Pretty good deal, right? Here they are up and accessorized:



They fit perfectly right in between the side of the crib and the glider. I tried to style them with mostly things I already had so that I wouldn't be spending a lot more money. I also wanted to bring in some personal old stuff to add that vintage/antique feel.



My aunt painted the muppets for me as a gift for my 3rd birthday (30 years ago!). I liked the fun and bright color they added to the room, so they were the starting point for this little shelf vignette. In our basement there's a big tupperware tub labeled "Sarah's Childhood" - its full of old stuff of mine that I rescued from my parent's house when they were moving a few years ago. That's where I found some of my copybooks from first grade, where I practiced my spelling words. Too funny. Used one here. The little wooden dinosaur toy was a gift from one of my good friends when she first found out we were pregnant. In the bottom right hand corner you can see just a bit of one of the cute illustrated greeting cards I bought in PEI.



In the giant tupperware tub, I also found a pair of my old baby's shoes that my mom had saved.



For the shelf on the right side, I started with this childrens book called "When Pigasso met Mootisse" (mostly because of its yellow cover which helped to balance out the Muppets painting, but also because it was a gift for one of my birthdays while I was in college from a friend of mine...I collected childrens books back then just for their art). I took the other greeting card by illustrator Julie St-Onge-Drouin of Ketto, mounted it on some striped scrapbook paper and framed it for here. And there's the "Z", the last alphabet flash card that wouldn't fit in my 5 x 5 grid over the crib!!!


Comments

  1. The nursery is BeAutiFul!!!!!! I love all of the special touches that you added. My husband's mother kept many of his things...a Frog and Toad book that is on display in my daughter's room has an inscription inside from my husband's grandparents....We hope that you will read this lovely book to your own daughter...they gave the book to my hubs when he was 3! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it from start to finish! Every detail. So beautiful, and those shoes are to die for. I love the scuffed toes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is soooo stinkin' cute! I love the Ribba shelves. We used them to create a library wall in our own nursery and I think they are so functional for the price. Still stumped on art for over the crib though. Too many great options out there I think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our baby's room has the exact same glider, ikea dresser and also we have alphabet flashcards (in Italian)! I just need to get my act in order and put the finishing touches on her room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Create or Sign in to your Mcafee account, download, install and enter Mcafee 25 digit activation code to Activate Mcafee through mcafee.com/activate and secure your PC from viruses and malware.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Download, install and activate your Webroot product. Visit webroot.com/safe  and enter the activation code to protect your devices.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. To get roku link code, follow is the procedure to get roku.com/link A browser is required to facilitate access to any roku account, so at first open your web brower. Login your Roku account by providing required details. Then, go to Player section to retrieve the link code. Once getting the roku link code, open Link your Roku device.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Having a security product on your device is the need of the day. With mcafee.com/activate your devices, protect your information, and keep your personal data away.

    ReplyDelete
  11. McAfee offers premium quality cybersecurity services for businesses and individuals. The Complete package of the Mcafee antivirus can be downloaded from mcafee.com/activate Install mcafee product without any hassle. We provide best installation service.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mcafee antivirus solution for the complete protection of your PC. It comes with a lot of features that will keep your PC virus free.Install mcafee antivirus in your computer with high class professionals and best tech team.We are ready to assist you till the last minute of installation.Visit mcafee.com/activate will help the user to get easy support.

    ReplyDelete
  13. McAfee thing in reference is an antivirus program. this program secure to protect your pc with the help of mcafee.com/activate so you can exhibit it. To see altogether more please visit our site .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Download and install Mcafee through mcafee.com/activate sign in to your Mcafee account and Enter 25 digit Mcafee activation code to activate your Mcafee product .

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mcafee Antivirus is widely used antivirus helps to detect and neutralize computer virus, the mail worms,the trojan programs. Just go to mcafee.com/activate sign up and choose mcafee product which you want to buy and activate it, that will also helps your system free of virus and other malware is quite a daily challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Download McAfee from mcafee.com/activate and McAfee antivirus install. after installation, you can follow steps for McAfee product download with activation code menu to activate McAfee.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Create or Sign in to your Mcafee account, download, install and enter Mcafee 25 digit activation code to Activate Mcafee through mcafee.com/activate and secure your PC from viruses and malware

    ReplyDelete
  18. Download McAfee from mcafee.com/activate and McAfee antivirus install. after installation, you can follow steps for McAfee product download with activation code menu to activate McAfee.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Through Webroot Secure Anywhere, You can protect your computer, pc, and other devices from malware, virus, spyware, etc. With webroot.com/safe, you can download, install webroot with key code. After it, you have to follow the process of webroot key code activation.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Download Norton Mobile Security and Antivirus application that can shield your records from getting affected from any online malware or contamination norton setup product key.Norton Security norton.com/setup offers high-grade sophisticated protection for multiple devices such as computers, Mac, iPhone, tablets, Android devices, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Makes the web safe for your kids to explore and helps your kids balance their time spent .. Internet Security Plus with Antivirus Protection by webroot.com/safe visit here.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Setup, download,reinstall, enter and activate your norton product key to setup your account norton.com/setup will provide yourstep-by-step guide for downloading and installation of norton.

    ReplyDelete
  23. If you need someone to assist you with Webroot installation then contact the Webroot technical team at webroot.com/safe to get best and quick support.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Roku provides the simplest way to stream entertainment to your TV. With thousands of available channels roku.com/link visit here for more details.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Roku provides the simplest way to stream entertainment to your TV. With thousands of available channels roku.com/link visit here for more details.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Visit roku.com/link to enter Roku activation code and activate your roku device on Tv.Contact for Support if facing any problem.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Go to Roku page record roku.com/link association code appeared on Roku TV. My Roku com associate not working use new Roku code.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Norton Safe Web warns you of dangerous sites when you shop it. Norton Antivirus includes Safe Web and other security on your device. for more about norton antivirus click norton.com/setup today.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts